Board of Directors ApplicationBOARD OF DIRECTORS CANDIDATE APPLICATION
Please answer the following questions and email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your answers will be shared with the board. You may then be invited to a board meeting to learn more. Finally, within a few days, you will be notified about your application status.
1. Why are you interested in serving on the Community Survival Center’s Board of Directors?
2. What skills and experiences would you bring to the board? Be sure to note any relevant business background, financial skills, food pantry or retail experience, and/or leadership experience you possess.
3. What do you feel are the biggest challenges facing the Center in the next 3 years?
4. What other boards do you belong to and how active and supportive are you on these boards? What boards have you served on and when?
Expectations for Board Members:
1. Attend monthly meetings on the second Thursday of each month at 5:30
Meetings generally last 60 – 90 minutes; although they may run longer as necessary
Meetings are held at the Center, 240 Main Street in Indian Orchard
2. Attend and support fundraising events, e.g. Benefit Night at the Villa Rose, National Association of Letter Carriers’ Food Drive, Fill A Truck Food Drive, Spaghetti Dinner at St. Cecilia’s in Wilbraham and more
3. Make a personal contribution to the Center at least annually
The mission of The Community Survival Center is to provide survival items of food, clothing, and household goods to members of our community in times of need. Our programs are self-sustaining through the support of the community.
We are on Facebook and the web at www.communitysurvivalcenter.org
Thank you for your interest in the Board of Directors.